»

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Island Toile/ Blue Aloha

Some of you may have heard about my baby bedding experience, so I thought I'd make it my new background and show a few pictures of the print. Hopefully, soon we'll be getting Preston's room together. It will be in a tropical theme with red, baby blue, blue and green as my main colors. Right now, we are just trying to 'clear' it out.
Quick story, for those who haven't heard it... Before I knew I was pregnant, I was looking through a Pottery Barn Kids Catalog. I saw this print (on sale!!) and thought it was so cute and different. I like things that are different, but still pretty classic. When I found out I was pregnant, I started looking for this print on-line....no where to be found!! I checked ebay and it was double the price from the catalog because it had been discontinued. I was so sad. A few days before we were to find out the sex of the baby, we were in the mall and I asked Dustin if we could just stop in PBK to check to see if they just had a sheet or something from this print. They actually had a pillow case. After talking to them more, they were able to locate all the other bedding that I wanted from other stores from Houston to Scottsdale, AZ. Not only were we blessed to find these items, they were super duper CHEAP since each place only had a few of each item. It was such a God thing!! We would have never been able to afford much more than a sheet and pillowcase if these items hadn't been on sale for being discontinued. I was a little scared after we finalized the deal with PBK, that evening, because I knew we would probably find out we were having a girl and I wouldn't be able to use this bedding for several years. I was very excited to find out that we were having a boy...for more reasons than one.


3 comments:

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

You are cracking me up! Glad it's a boy!

Anonymous said...

How Fun! So cute! Glad it all worked out. He will have a super cute room!

Hannah E. said...

Very cute!

I started to reply to your last email and then realized that I really don't know the answers. I'm going to have to refresh myself on some of these baby things! I'll get back to you whenever I get a chance to sit down and research and try to remember. My memory is so gone right now!