»

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Kicks and Jabs

This past weekend, I was laying down on my parent's couch and "BAM". I think an elbow or heal punched me from the inside. It made me interupt the conversation to say, "Woah! What was that?" Since then I have been getting beat up from the inside. Those little bumps I was feeling has turned into jabs. Preston is being a little stinker. I'm even being woken up in the middle of the night with him poking and bumping. I can't believe I'm going to have to put up with this abuse for a little over 2 more months!
Well, I'm getting bigger and bigger by the minute. It seems like once Christmas was over the basketball inflated to double it's size. It must be true that boys are carried like a basketball because that's what it looks like to me. It kind of gets in the way when I'm trying to do stuff. It makes it hard to shave my legs unless I'm in the bath and I don't enjoy bending over to tie my shoe.
I went to the doctor again this past Thursday to take the glucose test and thyroid panel. I haven't gotten my results back, but we are praying everything will be fine. I'll go back to the doctor the first week of February to have another sonogram. I look forward to seeing what he looks like (I'm sure his daddy). Preston is close to 2.5 lbs. and probably measuring close to 15 inches long! I didn't know babies would get so long and then start putting on fat toward the end. When I was born I was 17 inches long so I was surprised he would be so big already.
The 'excitement' for this week is that there are 15 cases of chicken pox going throughout the school. I've either worked with or been around most of the kids within the last few weeks. All of the kids have had the vaccination shot and are still getting it. I had my vaccination shot when I was 15 when it came out in 1995 because I never had chicken pox when growing up. There is suppose to be a booster shot that I didn't know about till this year...and too late for that now. I'm just praying praying that my antiboties are high enough to be fully immune to it. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

No comments: