»

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Howdy, Tex!




This past week, we enjoyed going to the Texas State Fair with my mom, dad, mamaw, and my uncle. Dustin had NEVER been to the state fair so this was a great opportunity to take him. We all THREE had a great time. I didn't get sick, thank goodness. I actually felt really good and had quite a bit of energy. I enjoyed eating a Fletcher's Corny Dog, Fried Pickles, Funnel Cake and Cotton Candy...yum!! (Don't worry, I didn't eat all of that myself. The last three we shared as a family.)

This weekend, we celebrated Dustin's birthday. His parents and sister came over and spent the night. It was fun. It makes me want to live closer, especially when the baby comes. We just don't get to see them as much as we want.

Well, I go back to the doctor next week to hopefully find out if it's a boy or girl. Yeah!! My big feat this week was deciding to go ahead and wear a few maternity clothes. My summerish tops are fitted so just getting a little pooch seems dramatic and most of my pants I wear to size so just gaining a few pounds in my tummy makes them too tight. I still have a few pants that are loose enough to wear. If this weather would get cooler, I have some cute sweaters that I could wear at least till Christmas. (I'm assuming).
SOAP BOX: I've already had people commenting that I shouldn't be showing yet since this is my first pregnancy. I wish people would keep their comments to themselves because it makes me think they are flat-out saying I'm getting fat. Dustin is always commenting on how I'm NOT eating as much as I normally do. It seems like I just fill up faster. I've only gained 3 pounds, so far. Anyway, when will people learn to not make comments like that to an emotional pregnant woman??!!

3 comments:

Becky Capps said...

This is just the beginning of the comments....I always said I wanted to write a book...I would title it "What Not To Say To A Pregnant Woman!" Fun stuff!

Anonymous said...

Well,well...If it isn't my long lost friends Melody and Dustin! You have no idea how thrilled I was when I searched my email and found your new blog. I know I'm pretty late in getting the news on the new blog and the new baby. But, I've spent the last three months in the hospital. Got out yesterday and am trying to catch up on all the world that has passed me by. I could not be more exited for your pregnancy and will be praying for all three of you. What a fun, exciting, emotional and overwhelming time in your lives. You guys are going to just love being parents and will be the best. Both of you are wonderful, afterall I have loved you both since I met you and you will be awesome parents together. I look forward to hearing if it is a boy or a girl. I'm going to add your link onto our blog and check often. I don't know what medical problems you have been through Mel, but I pray that you have a healthy pregnancy and birth and any problems resolve and you are in full health. Us Mommies gotta be strong and healthy for our babies. :) AHHH! I wish I could give ya'll a big hug. Congratulations...and welcome to the world of blogging!
Love, Hugs, Prayers and Pickles, Liz Dixon
www.dixon7.wordpress.com
P.S. About all that non-sense that people say to you, just don't pay any attention to that. People can and will say the most rude, annoying, and craziest things to you when you are pregnant. And girl, you eat what ya want, when ya want...and don't worry about the pounds. It will all even out. And trust me, your little frame will go back to it's beautiful self after the baby is born. But enjoy your pregnacy..it's such a beautiful time.

Hannah E. said...

People are stupid.

Why on earth someone would comment on another person's size/weight makes me crazy. I always want to shout to these obnoxious people: If you wouldn't say it to a non-pregnant woman, what makes you think it's ok to say to someone just because they're pregnant?!! It's just as tacky. There is no "normal" weight gain rate during pregnancy, but I have to say 3 pounds is not bad at all! You'll be beautiful all throughout your nine months!

I can't believe it's already almost time to find out what you're having! I'm excited to know.