»

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

All Kicks, No Flutters

On November the 4th we were laying in bed about to go to sleep when I felt something toward to right side of my stomach. It felt like a bubble popping or a thump from the inside. Of course I wanted to believe it was the baby's first noticeable kick, but I knew I wouldn't know for sure till I felt it more. Since then I've felt random thumps a few times a day. However, yesterday, around 4:00 while I was laying on the couch trying to relax from a long day, I felt a multiple of thumps toward the middle of my stomach that made me sit up. Woohoo!!! There was no doubt about it...it was most definitely the baby. Then for the next 3-4 minutes I would feel him kick about every 30 seconds. He must have really not liked the way I was balled up on the couch. I got so excited and called Dustin, who was on his way home from seminary. When he got home we laid there for awhile hoping that Dustin could feel him kick, too. We were kind of sad because he never felt him. However, today around 4:00 I was once again laying on the couch and started to feel him kick again. Dustin rushed over and put his hand on my tummy and BOOM!! There it was, he kicked twice. Dustin's face was so cute with this questionable, surprised smile. I was so glad that he got to experience feeling him so soon after I had my 'real' experience. People say that if feels like flutters, but this little boy doesn't flutter, he kicks.

1 comment:

Hannah E. said...

That's so fun! I think that was my favorite part of pregnancy - feeling him kick. So...do y'all have baby names picked out yet?