»

Monday, November 26, 2007

Baby Slaton has a Name!!

After much thought AND I was scared Dustin and I would slip up and accidentally say his name, we decided to tell our family our little boy's name. I was really wanting to hold out till Christmas, but Thanksgiving was a good time. I made a Thanksgiving card to give them that said, "We are thankful for our little boy." Then we had our most recent sonogram pictures scattered around and at the bottom it said his name,
"PRESTON LYLE SLATON"
Lyle is Dustin's middle name and Dustin's father's middle name so he wanted to pass that along to our first born son.
At first, I was scared to go ahead and tell his name because everyone seems to like to voice their opinions. I felt like if someone told me they didn't like his name I would be upset. Dustin and I had "Preston" picked out several years ago so it's a name we were set on. I figure if someone is really rude enough to say they don't like his name, then they must not be much of a friend. Dustin's family said they were going to call him Rufus until we told them the name...so that helped urge us on a little.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that name! Congrats! Thanks for cheering.

Anonymous said...

opps..i meant sharing. I can't think straight

Hannah E. said...

LOVE the name! I nannied for a little boy named Preston, and he was such a sweetie. I can't wait to meet your little guy. I was thinking about you yesterday on the way back from Oklahoma (when we went through Sulphur Springs) and how I want you to live in East Texas so we can have playdates!! Can y'all get right on that, please?!! =)

Yeah, I think I'm five weeks behind you! I had found out I was pregnant right before you told me your news, but I had some issues that first week that made me feel like everything wasn't ok. So I think when I talked to you, I was thinking I wasn't pregnant anymore. But thankfully, everything has been ok so far!

Teresa said...

Preston is perfect and I like the fact that you want to continue the middle name to the next generation, that's awesome!!
My mom's, mine and Stephanie's middle name is Ann, and I'm hoping if Stephanie ever has a girl she will continue with that name as well.
You are looking wonderful and it's so neat to see the joy in both yours and Dustin's smile.
I rejoice that I get to share in this joyous occasion!

Anonymous said...

it's funny how family likes to "name" your baby for you, with our first, my dad called him, Bozo..untill we officially annouonced his name. Unfortunatly, my dad still calls him bozo now. :P I was just thinking about you guys so came back to check your blog. Hope ya'll are getting ready for a wondeferful Christmas.

Heth said...

Beautiful name guys! I love it :)