»

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Finally, More Baby Furniture

We were blessed to get a baby bed at Christmas, but that is all that we've had for Preston. I started flipping out when I realized I'm almost 7 weeks away from my due date and there is NOTHING in his room but a bed. My mom had me 6 weeks early so you never know if they'll come early or on time. So, this past Tuesday night we made a random trip to Sulphur Springs to an antique auction and found the perfect piece for a dresser/changing table. It's going to take a little bit of work, but it's got MAJOR potential. It is sturdy oak and cost 1/6 of the price of a flimsy non-wooden thing you'd get at Babies R' US. I am so pumped to find good deals. Now, our only feat is to get this thing in shape before Preston comes. Once it's finished, I'll show before/after pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about real wood furniture! We bought from Rooms To Go the first time and for sure won't do that again! I have found some neat stuff on Craigslist! I'll be waiting for pics!
Lori

Hannah E. said...

We'll be back Thursday afternoon because my mother-in-law will at our house Thursday evening to stay for the weekend. We will be going to Canton on Friday - I think during the morning, but other than that, we'll be at home. I was hoping you'd still be in town. Would love for you to drop by! Call me.